In this February 17, 2020 episode of The Christie Aphrodite Show, we will be joined by John Adkison and discuss what I believe to be the “original trauma” in our current daily life. John has been educating others about the rights all should have keep intact the body we were all born with. Learn more about John and all his projects here.
- What is Genital Autonomy and who is asking for it?
- But I thought we were free? Don’t we all have protections under our bill of rights?
- Where did infant genital mutilation come from and why do we accept it?
- What is behind the desire to mutilate babies upon birth?
John’s website: https://genitalautonomysociety.org/
Some links for further research discussed in the show:
- “In 2012, a German court held that circumcision constitutes criminal assault. Under existing United States law and international human rights declarations as well, circumcision already violates boys› absolute rights to equal protection, bodily integrity, autonomy, and freedom to choose their own religion. A physician has a legal duty to protect children from unnecessary interventions. Physicians who obtain parental permission through spurious claims or omissions, or rely on the American Academy of Pediatrics’ position, also risk liability for misleading parents about circumcision.” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27338602
- Neonatal circumcision and prematurity are associated with sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) “Relevance for patients: Preterm birth and neonatal circumcision are associated with a greater risk of SIDS, and efforts should be focused on reducing their rates.” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30873502
And as always if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call in LIVE at 720-740-9229, or feel free to leave a comment here or use the contact form.
You can view upcoming shows here: https://christieaphrodite.com/category/show-schedule/